Friday 23 October 2009

Lovely Pieces of China

Last Saturday I went to York with the parents to test drive my gorgeous new car. I love shopping in York because they have shops that aren't all main stream so you can find some brilliant buys at nice small prices. In this one shop I found this square plate with flowers round the edges for £1.50 so I had to have that, it's so unusual.



As always when in York you have to visit Cath Kidston and I went a bit crazy and bought the red floral mules, a flour shaker, two mugs and I also applied for a job there so fingers and toes crossed.

I have also become a fan of Dunelm its like an Aladdin's cave, there were so many things I wanted to buy so its lucky I had a pad and pen with me so I have nearly sorted out my Christmas list :-) One of the things I did convince myself to buy was the pink cup and saucer which sits on top of the square plate.


I also forgot to put on my last entry about these two plates that used to be my Nana's, I think my Grandad brought them back from Egypt when he was fighting in the war, I love sentimental pieces that have stories behind them it makes it more special.



No comments: